- Courses for Adult Learners
- Family Nature Camp
- Conferences and Events
- Summer Field Institute for High School Students
- Summer Field Studies for Children
Family Nature Camp Information
Arrival and departure
Sunday: Registration from 2 to 4:30 p.m. followed by a brief reception at 4:45, welcome dinner at 5:30, ice cream social and “get-to-know-you” activities.
Friday night: Farewell gathering for all families includes a trip with Diver Ed.
Saturday: Families are asked to check out of the dorms by 9 a.m.
Accommodations and Meals
Family campers will reside together in the Blair/Tyson student residences:
- Suites consist of three bedrooms and a co-ed bathroom, and share a common area and kitchen with another suite.
- Bedrooms have either one or two single beds, mattress pads, pillows and blankets. Roll-away beds will be made available for larger families.
- Families bring their own bed linens and towels or may opt to rent linens when they register.
- Room assignments are customized according to the number of people in your family, ages of children, and composition of groups traveling together.
All meals are served in the Blair Dining Hall:
- Three meals a day are provided from Sunday evening through Friday evening.
- Meals are served cafeteria style and box lunches are provided for families upon request.
- Menus include “kid-friendly” foods and an optional lobster dinner one evening.
- Food is made from scratch, and our kitchen emphasizes local and organic ingredients. Our staff is adept at planning meals to accommodate food allergies and other special dietary needs; please describe your food needs when you register.
What to bring and How to get here
Download a PDF checklist of recommended items to bring to Family Nature Camp — including a list of what we do and do not provide.
Directions on how to get to COA's Bar Harbor, Maine campus.
- Refunds will be considered in the event of a documented health or family emergency.
- The $500 deposit and $50 application fees due at registration are non-refundable.
- All refunds will be paid by check.
2014 Sessions & Rates
July 6–July 12, 2014
July 13–19, 2014: FULL
July 20–26, 2014
July 27–August 2, 2014
(Returning Family Week)
$935 per adult
$480 per child (15 and under)
Registration costs for all sessions include lodging, meals, and all scheduled field trips. There is an additional $50 per family application fee.
Payment may be made by check or credit card. A non-refundable deposit of $550 (including $50 application fee) is due with your initial registration.
What People are Saying...
"So many fun things to do, great food, and we learned so much! One of our best vacations ever." –M. Hnath