- Courses for Adult Learners
- Family Nature Camp
- Conferences and Events
- Summer Field Institute for High School Students
- Summer Field Studies for Children
Nestled in the heart of Bar Harbor, Maine, College of the Atlantic’s century-old estate, The Turrets, offers a distinctive oceanfront setting for your wedding ceremony on Mount Desert Island.
Renowned for its unparalleled beauty and abundant opportunities for outdoor exploration, Mount Desert Island hosts millions of visitors each year and is the perfect location for a destination wedding. With Frenchman Bay and Acadia National Park as the backdrop for your intimate ceremony, few locations are poised to provide a more romantic backdrop for your special day then the lawn of The Turrets. The covered porch of this beautiful estate can seat as many as 150 guests, if you need to be sheltered from the rain, and the formal Seaside Garden is a magical place for your wedding photos.
Placed on the National Register of Historic Places, The Turrets is one of the most important examples of cottage-era architecture in the state of Maine. The fact that it was designed for John J. Emery of New York in 1893 by Bruce Price, designer of Quebec City’s famous Chateau Frontenac as a wedding gift for his 18 year-old bride, makes it the perfect choice as the setting for your special day.
The Bluenose Inn, located directly across the street from College of the Atlantic, and with panoramic views of Frenchman Bay, is an ideal location for your wedding reception. For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-207-288-2665 x492.
Wedding Ceremony Price List
You and your loved ones are sure to find that The Turrets lawn, with a backdrop of Frenchman Bay and the Seaside Garden, is a breathtakingly beautiful location for your intimate wedding ceremony.
The Turrets Oceanside Lawn
$1,500 (+ $500 refundable cleaning and damage deposit)
- 40–150 guests, including bridal party
- Includes The Turrets porch as your rain backup, the first floor of The Turrets on your wedding day for pre-wedding preparations, and the gorgeous Seaside Garden for memorable wedding photographs
Turrets Oceanside Lawn or Seaside Garden
$900 (+ $500 refundable cleaning and damage deposit)
- 40 or fewer guests, including the bridal party
- Includes The Turrets porch as your rain backup
Wedding Ceremony Policies
- Prices are fixed for wedding ceremonies.
- College of the Atlantic contracts for wedding ceremony space only.
- Wedding couples must engage the services of a wedding planner who will work directly with a representative from College of the Atlantic’s summer programs. You are welcome to choose your own planner or we would be happy to suggest a local professional.
- All rentals and service providers (florists, musicians, etc.) are the responsibility of the wedding couple and wedding planner.
- Alcohol is prohibited on campus before, during and after the rehearsal and ceremony, unless a licensed and insured bartender has been hired and is on site.
- The wedding party must provide a certificate of liability in the amount of $1,000,000 naming College of the Atlantic as additional insured. We would be happy to provide you with the names of insurance companies that others have used, or check with your own insurance company for more information.
- Refundable security/cleaning deposits must be provided for all wedding ceremonies at College of the Atlantic.
Wedding Venue Information
If you would like to see more about wedding venues at College of the Atlantic please download our Weddings at COA flyer.